Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions we get quite often, if you can't find the answer you are looking for, Contact Us.
What is your return/exchange policy?
Please see our Returns and Exchange Policy
Unfortunately, for any Bek & Jet products we cannot offer you a refund or exchange due to the digital and seasonal nature of the products. However, we will fix your order if there was a mistake made on your order from our end.
Are your products made in China?
How do your clothes fit? How do I measure?
Our clothes fit pretty true to size. We try to ensure that our sizing is similar to familiar children's brands like Old Navy or Carters so you know what to expect. When in doubt, you can always view our universal sizing chart here.
See our How To Measure Page to get the steps on measuring adults & children.
Where do you ship from?
We make and ship all of our items from Abbotsford, BC, Canada and ship almost anywhere worldwide!
Do you allow order edits?
We ask that you review your order carefully! Unfortunately, we can no longer accommodate order edits after your order has been placed. You will not be allowed to change sizes, colours, or add/subtract from your order after it has been placed.
Am I allowed to use two discount codes at checkout?
Our system does not allow customers to combine multiple discount codes. We recommend you choose the one you would like to use for your current purchase and save the other for a future purchase.
When will I get my order?
We are generally able to ship your order out within 1-5 business days unless any of your items are a 'pre-order' or 'back-ordered' (the listing will be clearly identified if this is the case). The process of order fulfillment is in chronological order, whether it's a shipped order or a "local pick up" order. If you selected, 'local pick up' as your shipping option, please wait for your second email that states 'your order is ready to be picked up' prior to coming into our studio.
Every effort will be made to complete and dispatch your order as soon as possible. Occasionally, (during big sales, new releases, or just before the holidays), order processing time can take slightly longer. This estimate does not include shipping time which can vary depending on where it is shipping to. For tracked shipping, we use expedited parcel through Canada Post.
Our thoughts are with those affected by the devastating Pacific Northwest floods. We are working hard to minimize delays and ask for your patience. For more information on flood related delays, please contact Canada Post with your tracking number. Please also note that delivery timelines are currently ever-changing due to flood related delays and delivery times are not guaranteed.
What type of fabric do you use?
Our signature blend is a medium-weight Bamboo/Cotton Jersey fabric that we specifically developed with our suppliers in China. You can read more about our sourcing procedure on our Transparency Page. Our signature blend combines the soft and breathable properties of bamboo with the structure and durability of long-strand cotton to create the most durable, comfortable material we can create. The fabrics have excellent stretch that does not bag out and still looks new after many washes. We also use a 95% Cotton, 5% Spandex Jersey as a base for our digitally printed fabrics.
When is the next 'Personalized Shirts' or 'Kindred Surprise' Offer?
We have become well-known for some of our exciting yearly promotions like our 'Personalized Shirts' (when we allow you to personalize a shirt with a word or name of your choice) or 'Kindred Surprise' Bundles (when we sell mystery bundles of leggings). We generally offer each one of these twice a year, if we can. Usually, the offers launch and sell-out very quickly within the first number of days. They don't always happen at exactly the same time each year, so if you want to make sure you don't miss out on the next offer, sign up for our e-Newsletter so that you don't miss the next announcement.
Can I place an order with a non-subscription item with my regular subscription?
If you plan on ordering any subscription items please make sure that you place those in a separate order. If any other retail items are ordered within the same order as a subscription, your order will be held until the end of the month.
Why are Your Prices Higher than Conventional brands?
There are a number of unavoidable factors that are driving up the cost of us getting these goods made for you:
1. Our apparel is all manufactured here, locally, in British Columbia. Over the last four years, the province's minimum wage has steadily gone up from $11.35 an hour in 2017 to $15.20 on June 1, 2021. Our seamstresses get paid modestly more than minimum wage. I wish they were paid more, to be honest, but of course, every time the wages increase, our manufacturer increases the prices for the goods they sew for us. We've experienced aggressive price hikes in every single product style, even the ones we've been producing for many years.
2. The cost of shipping our raw materials has skyrocketed recently. The average price worldwide to ship a 40-foot container has more than quadrupled from a year ago, to $8,399 as of July 1, 2021. There is a multitude of reasons for this, but it's usually blamed on container shortages and limitations due to the global Pandemic.
3. In the past, we've used a lower grade fabric on our digitally printed designs (you may have noticed older florals were printed on a 95% cotton / 5% spandex). We did this to keep the costs down. But as we've grown and developed as a company, we realized this lower grade fabric just can't compete with the performance of our signature bamboo/cotton material we've specifically developed (which is the make-up of all our dyed and screen-printed fabrics). So we recently made the switch to using bamboo/cotton for our digital prints just so that everything would match in quality... this makes the cost of every single floral (or any other all-over digital print) much higher than the other fabrics.
What have we done to find a balance between our increasing costs and keeping things affordable for you?
1. We keep our margins as tight as we possibly can. We've compared our margins with other brands and found ours to be on the very very low end comparatively. Especially on core items like leggings, pullovers, and T-shirts. You will notice that compared to the prices of 'NEW' styles, the core product's pricing has remained more consistent.
2. In some cases, we are absorbing a lot of the additional costs. When we made the decision to upgrade our digital print fabrics, we did not increase the prices of digitally printed goods respectively. Most of our kid's dresses, for example, are available in these expensive florals, but we've kept the prices even with the non-digitally printed items.
3. We've created multiple options for consumers. You'll find that we have simple products like leggings, pullovers, and beanies that are priced more affordably. But then we also offer products that have a lot more detail (and therefore, cost) associated with them. In this way, we try to offer some variety with some lower and some higher-priced items.
4. We will take significant hits on some products, for example, baby onesies. Producing a product with so much detail like baby onesies in Canada is very expensive. We actually sell them for less than we 'should' be by our pricing formula. We just hope that we'll make up for the discrepancy with other products.
Little & Lively is our premier line of baby & kid's clothing that is ethically made in Canada out of bamboo/cotton fabric. We use colours and lively prints to express joy and personality through our designs.
Kid's/Youth - Tops
Kid's/Youth - Bottoms
Kid's/Youth - Dresses
Kid's - Rompers and Onesies
Hats & Accessories
Little and Lively - SALE SECTION
Dwelling Apparel is our line of men’s & women’s clothing that is ethically made in Canada out of bamboo/cotton fabric. This line consists of complementary styles for parents who want to coordinate with their kiddos' clothes from Little & Lively. We offer high-quality, comfortable clothing that befits the places you and your families often dwell.
Pretty Laundry is our pajama brand that is ethically made in Canada. It contains the sweetest lounge sets made out of our luxurious bamboo/cotton fabrics. Pretty Laundry will ensure that wash day always brings a smile to your face with a palette of pretty colours.